Don’t be limited in your travel package destinations; explore all Thailand has to offer. Climb out from under that rock and get out of the US for once!
Are you the type of person who loves structures, buildings, temples? Worry no more…Thailand is known for its numerous temples. Are you ready to be mesmerized by Thailand’s beauty?
Thailand is a country in Southeast Asia that is known for its mouth-watering delicacies, martial arts, beautiful beaches, and most especially, it’s temples. This country has a lot of wonderful things that await you. Know that when you visit this country, it’s like riding a roller coaster full of ups and downs. You surely will never get bored. The highlight of this article is about temples in Thailand. But wait until you reach the last part for an epic surprise.
TOP 5 Most Remarkable Temples in Thailand
- Wat Arun – Are you looking for something magnificent? Then this temple is the perfect choice for your travel destination. This is known as the “Temple of Dawn” but many call this as the “Temple of Magnificence.” This arguably stands as the best one in Bangkok for its perfect location, as well as its structure, interior and exterior, and its symbolic feature. Fun fact, this temple’s structure is actually on a “10-baht” coin. Many are amazed by its lighting, especially when this building is reflected by a ray of sunshine.
- Temple of a Million Bottles – This temple is unlike any other. This isn’t your typical Buddhist temple built of gold, stones, or etc. This is considered as one of the most unique temples in Thailand. Why? Because this is just a product of 1.5 million plastic bottles incorporated together to build a complex which has about 20 buildings. Most bottles used in the creation of this temple are green Heineken and brown Chang bottles. Another creative and unique feature of this temple is that the bottle caps of the bottles are used together to create beautiful mosaics. Not only is it a great tourist destination, but it is also a place where a prayer room is available for you.
- The Sanctuary of Truth – Are you looking for someplace which surpasses the very definition of “impressive?” Well, The Sanctuary of Truth is the perfect temple for you. Although this temple is newer unlike any other, this has details that present a remarkable design for everyone. Even if this temple is still a work of progress, and is believed to be finished in the year 2050, it still is gathering outstanding compliments from people all over the world. This temple does not only stand to show its beauty but it also aims to honor something more remarkable. It honors a lot of things like the traditional ancient values of the Earth, as well as teaches human responsibility, the cycle of living, and most especially the relationship between life and the universe.
- Wat Phra That Lampang Luang – If you are down to something more religious and sacred, the Wat Phra Lampang Luang is the best travel destination for you. This is considered as one of the most sacred temples in Thailand and is also the home of a strand of Buddha’s hair. Unlike many other temples that were modernized, this temple remained in its original form. Also, this temple is one of the best examples of Lanna architecture.
- White Temple – This temple is so gorgeous that visiting there would feel like you are in paradise. This is like a temple inspired by a fairytale castle covered with snow. The best highlight you would experience in this temple is the “Cycle of Rebirth” where the structure is like a palm reaching out to the sky. What’s more exciting is that across the bridge, there is a “Gate of Heaven” where you will meet two creatures who will finally decide the fate of the dead.
What an amazing list of beautiful temples we have there! But are you ready for an epic surprise?
Thailand was once referred to as the “Venice of the East.” So if you are down to experience what life looks like in Venice by not stepping in Italy, then Thailand would be the perfect place for you. There are several places in Bangkok where the canals are situated. These canals also play a big role in welcoming European visitors to the City of Bangkok.
Thailand is indeed a country of wonders. Imagine visiting the places mentioned above. What a beautiful sight you have there. Not only that there are a lot of beautiful temples in Thailand, but there are also hundreds of more traveling destinations you may visit. Keep posted for more travel destinations all over the world.